Patients & Caregivers

Registering for a New Jersey Medical Cannabis Card

Do you qualify?

  • Are you at least 18 years of age (or are you a minor with an adult caregiver and a physician certification)?
  • Are you a legal resident of New Jersey with proof of residency?
  • Do you have a debilitating medical condition certified by an approved physician?

Visit a Physician

Have an approved physician certify that you suffer from one of the debilitating medical conditions that qualify for medical cannabis use under the New Jersey Division of Medicinal Marijuana. You will be provided a reference number from your physician.

Register Online

Create a profile in the New Jersey Division of Medicinal Marijuana using the reference number provided by your physician and submit the required documents.

Pay for your Card

Patients will pay $100 every 2 years ($20 if reduced fee eligible). Once you have received an email from the Department of Health approving your application, you will be able to pay for your Medical Cannabis ID card.

NJ Qualifying Conditions for medical cannabis

A “debilitating medical condition” under the law is any one of the following:

  • Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
  • Anxiety
  • Cancer
  • Chronic Pain
  • Dysmenorrhea
  • Glaucoma
  • Inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn’s disease
  • Intractable skeletal spasticity
  • Migraine
  • Multiple sclerosis
  • Muscular dystrophy
  • Opioid Use Disorder
  • Positive status for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Seizure disorder, including epilepsy
  • Terminal illness with prognosis of less than 12 months to live
  • Tourette Syndrome


Need More Help?

Visit for more information and helpful resources on registering as a Medical Cannabis patient.


Learn about the latest cannabis products, specials and deals.


I am at least 18 years of age

I am under 18 years of age

You must be at least 18 years of age to view this site.

Reduced fee eligible means:

Senior Citizen, age 65 and older


Military Veteran (submit DD-214 Form)​

Social Security Disability (SSD) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI)​

Submit "Verification of Benefits" letter from SSA.GOV​

NJ Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)​

NJ Medicaid​

NJ Temporary Disability Benefits​

Medicare-under the age of 65​