Patients & Caregivers
Visit a Physician
Have an approved physician certify that you suffer from one of the debilitating medical conditions that qualify for medical cannabis use under the New Jersey Division of Medicinal Marijuana. You will be provided a reference number from your physician.
Create a profile in the New Jersey Division of Medicinal Marijuana using the reference number provided by your physician and submit the required documents.
Pay for your Card
Patients will pay $100 every 2 years ($20 if reduced fee eligible). Once you have received an email from the Department of Health approving your application, you will be able to pay for your Medical Cannabis ID card.
NJ Qualifying Conditions for medical cannabis
A “debilitating medical condition” under the law is any one of the following:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Chronic Pain
- Inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn’s disease
- Intractable skeletal spasticity
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscular dystrophy
- Opioid Use Disorder
- Positive status for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seizure disorder, including epilepsy
- Terminal illness with prognosis of less than 12 months to live
- Tourette Syndrome